- What is an Ambassador?
A Family Matters Ambassador is a believer transformed by the power of God’s grace, and trained by Family Matters to spread the message of Grace Based Relationships. Ambassadors are Kingdom-minded servants who have internalized the grace message and are passionately advancing it through the use of their spiritual gifts and personal life ministry.
- Am I an Ambassador or an Advocate?
Here are a few descriptions that may help you deiced which category best suits you:
You like how the grace message sounds – and you try to expose your friends to our speakers when they’re in town. You’ve internalized the message – learned to articulate it and envision yourself becoming a voice speaking on behalf of the ministry. You like the idea of becoming a grace based family and are working to implement it in your home. Grace has become your second language and you’re actively engaging with your friends and neighbors to mentor/disciple them to do the same. You participate in a small group. You lead a small group study – often times on a reoccurring basis (in your home or church). You attend Family Matters events when they are in your town (maybe even volunteer). You partner to bring an event to your community and possibly host the event. You share Family Matters resources with others when opportunities arise and encourage them to visit our website. You intentionally pursue relationships with people needing to hear the grace message- teaching them the tenets and equipping them with books or other resources. You have limited time to commit to this – but will support enthusiastically as windows of time are available. You willingly set aside time to make carrying the message part of your personal ministry. You make an occasional gift to Family Matters. Family Matters is part of your Kingdom giving portfolio and you introduce prospective donors to the ministry. You occasionally peruse our website or resources. You actively engage with our library of content – reading our blog, digesting new resources, visiting our Facebook page and participating in social dialog. You suggest to your pastor they consider bringing Family Matters in for a conference. You spearhead an effort within your church to make grace a more prominent feature – through promotion of conferences, video studies or small groups.
- How do I become an Ambassador?
- Fill out the online interest form
- Schedule an interview with a Family Matters staff member (phone or face-to-face)
- Complete and return an application
- Send photos (a headshot for the Family Matters ambassador web page and a family photo)
- Submit Reference Form
- Read Grace Based Parenting and Raising Kids for True Greatness
- Watch or attend a Grace Based Parenting conference
- Select an Ambassador track that best fits your passions and interests
- Complete online training sessions
- Create opportunities to share the message (identify personal ways to carry the message)